The Tsukuda locale of Chuo Ward, Tokyo, started creating as a noteworthy focus of substantial industry after a shipyard was based on Ishikawajima Island during the Edo time frame (1603-1867).
The Ishikawajima Museum, opened on the site of the previous shipyard close to the mouth of the Sumidagawa waterway, shows guests the historical backdrop of Japan’s substantial industry through the presentation of models and photographs of boats made there.
It was in 1853, toward the part of the bargain time frame, when Tokugawa Nariaki of the Mito area fabricated the Ishikawajima Shipyard here. It turned into the parent association of IHI Corp., the real overwhelming industry administrator that runs the exhibition hall.
After the 1868 Meiji Restoration, the shipyard was offered to the private area. A steamship called the Tsuun Maru that was worked there was utilized as methods for transportation on the Sumidagawa and Arakawa streams. The business additionally extended past shipbuilding, undertaking the development of the curve of the Kachidokibashi connects during the Showa period (1926-1989). The shipyard was known as the “Tsukuda manufacturing plant” after the name of the zone.
A diorama re-makes how the Ishikawajima Shipyard looked during development of the Tsuun Maru, the principal steamship at any point worked in a private shipyard.
During the after war high monetary development period, its business ended up focused principally on assembling mechanical hardware and building spans.
Notwithstanding boards that portray how individuals inhabited the time, the exhibition hall has a diorama that re-makes the territory around the processing plant and demonstrates the dynamic quality of the conventional business and local location in the blasting economy. It was packed to the point that individuals on their approach to work at times tumbled off the ship.
Be that as it may, because of the exacerbating industry brought about by the main oil emergency in addition to other things, the Tsukuda processing plant was compelled to rearrange, and it shut in 1979.
“The processing plant had advanced with the improvement of Japan and kept on creating the most recent innovation of the time,” said Yuko Takeuchi, 46, of IHI’s advertising and speculator relations division.